Debugger forgetting soft breakpoints

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Sep 7 00:27:21 EDT 2016

On 9/6/2016 6:35 PM, Bob Sneidar wrote:
> I hesitate to submit a bug report when I cannot reliably reproduce
> the problem. Again, the app this occurs in has database dependencies,
> logins etc which would prevent you from seeing the actual problem
> because you could not get that far. I attempted to make a simple
> stack to demonstrate it, but the problem won't occur then.
>
> That is why  Iwas hoping others who have seen this could chime in so
> maybe we could produce some short list of commonality to zero in on a
> possible cause.

Mostly I see this when the script calls into a LC library or external in
the IDE. The editor won't break at those places unless you have
gRevDevelopment set to true (I think) which allows you to step into the
IDE scripts. Doing that is a snake pit.

Since your stack has databases, internet access, etc. it sounds like a
candidate. What I usually do is put a breakpoint dot on the line right
below the one that doesn't trigger so it will break immediately afterward.

I think I've seen skipped breakpoints at other times too but I can't
remember what was involved. Those are pretty elusive.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com