How to tell the engine version of a Windows standalone?

Phil Davis revdev at pdslabs.net
Mon Sep 5 02:40:50 EDT 2016

Hi Ben,

I recently simplified my approach to this (hat tip to Richard Gaskin)
and am very pleased with the outcome.

In the card script of my 1-card app mainstack I have this code:

on saveStackRequest
     set the uStandaloneVersion of the owner of me to the
cRevStandaloneSettings["OSX,longVersion"] of the owner of me
     pass saveStackRequest
end saveStackRequest

Then in the stack script of the same stack I have this:

function appLongVersion
     return the uStandaloneVersion of me
end appLongVersion

So any code anywhere in the app (like in the "about" window) can "put
appLongVersion() into x" and it'll work.

Of course you can change which 'cRevStandaloneSettings' you use to suit
your needs.

Thanks -
Phil Davis

On 9/4/16 12:09 PM, Ben Rubinstein wrote:
> I've been trying to make a very minor mod (replacing a logo!) to an
> app I built some years ago; but the client has a problem with it that
> I can't reproduce.
>
> The easiest thing would be if the problem was caused by a subtle
> difference in the version of LC used to compiled the standalone - I
> made a quess for which version that would have been, it doesn't seem
> to help.
>
> Does anyone know of a good way to analyse a compiled Windows
> standalone to discover which version it relates to?  (It would be
> easier on Mac because we can open the package...).
>
> TIA,
>
> Ben

Phil Davis