Fwd: Re: AW: IDE puzzler...

ahsoftware ahsoftware at sonic.net
Fri Sep 2 17:08:31 EDT 2016

On 09/02/2016 12:54 PM, Paul Dupuis wrote:

> A inclusion option, where I could embed the script editor/debugger in my
> Standalone, so that I can debug bugs that surface in the standalone and
> mysteriously disappear in the IDE. I guess that would be sort of like
> replacing the errordialog with some sort of call to the debugger?

Unfortunately, it's nowhere near that easy. Breakpoints and runtime
errors are triggered in standalone applications, but they're ignored
since there's nowhere to pass them to. PowerDebug does let you debug
standalone applications if you include the library, because it handles
communication between the standalone app and the debugger through socket
calls and frontscript message wrappers.

http://powerdebug.ahsoftware.net

--
   Mark Wieder