[ANN] calendar widget updated

Mike Kerner MikeKerner at roadrunner.com
Mon Oct 31 21:40:01 EDT 2016

The problem that we run into is when someone goes off the grid.  I can
think of several tools that are, in effect, abandonware.  There are, for
instance, a certain mobile framework, a certain report writer, and a
communication framework for a file sharing service.  Let's start with the
mobile framework.  Two years after the author had stopped doing anything
with it, and it was incompatible with current versions of LC, LC was still
selling it in the store, and promoting it, even though the community was
pointing out that it was abandonware.  There is an alternate script editor
that went away, before making a reappearance.  If we are going to have mass
forking and posting, I think that better, tighter management of the
community widgets, including someone doing something similar to what Apple
does with the App Store when it says "there are too many of this kind of
app.  Yours doesn't do anything different" would make the experience of
widget shopping (whether the widget is paid or free) a lot cleaner.