Autodiscovery of LAN devices

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Mon Oct 31 11:05:53 EDT 2016

Typically only with aggressive scans. You can throttle it down so that you don't trigger the threshold level. But you are correct, that no matter what, some IT people are VERY AGGRESSIVE about blocking network discovery. But this has always been the case with non-agent type network discovery systems.

As for Bonjour, if all you want is to enumerate mDNS devices visible on a network, try dns-sd -B in the terminal. You need to issue a ctrl-c afterwards though, otherwise I'm not sure the terminal will return anything. Not sure how to ctrl-c from LC's shell.

Bob S