Drop Shadow Not Available on SVG widget

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Mon Oct 31 00:51:03 EDT 2016

I guess I can understand why the SVG which has no graphic effects available.

OTHO If one has a series  of icons along a toolbar, mixing different control types, we need it.

You can set graphic effects for

button 1 (which uses a letter for it's label)   # nice drop shadow
button 2 (which uses a icon ) # nice drop shadow
Widget 3 (acting as a button) # we are stuck now: no drop shadow available

Any work arounds?

is it worth asking for an enhancement?  or is this just "not going to happen, no way, no how" because of the nature of SVG inside a widget?

BR