Autodiscovery of LAN devices

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Oct 27 17:12:33 EDT 2016

I'd like to have an app automatically discover and attempt connection to
other devices on my LAN.

Looking through the list archives I can find a few half-solutions, but
not one which works well across the platforms LC supports (Mac, Win,
Linux, iOS, Android).

At this time the only things listening on a port will be desktop
computers, but I still need to be able to connect with them from any
other device on the local network, and down the road I may want to allow
even handheld devices to take on an accept role.

Any robust, tested solutions available?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems