AW: How do I codesign an App?

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Wed Oct 26 05:20:31 EDT 2016

Hi Bill,

the security message is just the new default setting since 10.10 or so. Your user can download, install and run your app, even if it is not signed, he only has to change the security setting in his system settings once for installing your app or in general.

If you want to sign your app, there are multiple ways, Livecode (and its standalone settings) is none of them. You can use a tool, like AppWrapper, which also does signing your app, or you can do it pure via terminal with:

Codesign -s "Your-Certificate-ID" --deep --force yourAppPath

Hope this helps
Tiemo