How do I codesign an App?

tbodine bodine at bodinetraininggames.com
Tue Oct 25 19:48:18 EDT 2016

It is VERY frustrating, though I was able to get codesigning to work earlier
this year using AppWrapper 3.

But even with successful signing, Apple manages to rub salt into the wound
with this bug.... If you codesign for Mac as a third party developer for
distribution outside of the app store, then people installing it may still
get a message that says "can't be opened because it is from an unidentified
developer". Unidentified? WTF!

There is a simple workaround for downloaders willing to stick with it. What
I did was document the workaround in a pdf and put that right next to my Mac
download link. Here it is:
https://www.gameshowpresenter.com/MacOpenError.pdf

I don't know if the latest MacOS has fixed this bug or not. I assume it's a
bug, but it feel like a punishment for those who venture outside the walled
garden.

-- Tom Bodine