Eureka Moment: preopencontrol

Mike Kerner MikeKerner at roadrunner.com
Tue Oct 25 04:52:47 EDT 2016

Right.  If you poke around in the IDE for the documentation, you will see
that there is a stack that has a tab control for the API or the user guide,
and within that control is the browser widget.  The documentation is stored
in an sqlite database, and the code to do the rendering is in a script-only
stack, complete with a css, etc.  Then bootstrap is used to do the actual
rendering.  Bootstrap splits the screen into seven equal columns, which is
why when you resize the stack, it seems to resize lumpily.  All of the
work:  the searching, the TOC, etc. is done using bootstrap.  What looks
like three or four separate widgets/controls in the API is really all done
with bootstrap.  Reading it isn't hard once you understand a little bit
about bootstrap, but fixing it looks like a bear to me.  I don't use the
framework for anything, so if someone who was familiar with bootstrap
looked at it, they might not have any problem making it better.