sluggishness of 8.1.1 on send in 0/wait 0 pairs?

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 20:57:21 EDT 2016

I still don't have my finger completely on this one, but watching the
sluggish shifting back and forth between tabs on the script editor, I think
I'm starting to grasp it.

I (like I assume many others) have a number of places with blocks like

send doIt to stack worker in 0

wait 0 with messages

doSomethingElse

I'm seeing a situation in which the code hits "DoSomethingElse" before the
"doIt" happens.

To make it even more confounding, this only happens the first time that
block of code is reached in a session (or perhaps the clock starts again
after database accesses, I don't have it nailed down yet).

I guess I'll add an "if the environment is development wait 500
milliseconds" for the moment, but is anyone else seeing this kind of
inconsistency?

The pane switching seems somewhat faster in8 than 7, but still unacceptably
slow (a large fraction of a second to a second, compared to a few
seconds).  I also see the entire window go black for a noticeable length of
time when resizing the script editor).

I don't have enough for the bug report yet, but I could use other
observations.

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462