Browser widget question

William Prothero prothero at earthednet.org
Wed Oct 19 14:36:12 EDT 2016

Folks:
I’m on OSX 10.11.6 and LC 8.1.1., XCode 8.  I am finding that the browser widget works fine in the IDE, but I get no web page downloaded in the iOS simulator unless ATS is disabled.

I know the latest iOS will not allow http connections unless ATS is disabled. I tried https://www.wellsfargo.com and this won’t load in the simulator, unless ATS is disabled. I expected that if ATS was not disabled, it would display https web pages. Am I wrong?

Best,
Bill

William Prothero, Ph.D.
University of California, Santa Barbara, Emeritus
prothero at earthednet.org