On-rev server blocked by ISP

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Oct 18 14:41:50 EDT 2016

On 10/18/16 7:13 AM, Matthias Rebbe wrote:
> That´s really strange. I´ve never heard  about such blocking in general.

I've had this happen. Sometimes if a domain on a shared hosting server
sends out spam or malware, the receiving ISP will block the entire
server rather than just the offending IP. It isn't fair but it happened
to my JaguarPC account some years ago. I was a peripheral victim through
no fault of my own.

To get off the block list, the hosting service needs to contact the
blocking ISP and request removal. In general the user can't do that.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com