Script Wierdness

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Mon Oct 17 16:32:17 EDT 2016

Hi all.

I wanted to warn everyone, if you are experiencing unexpected behavior in your scripts, try copy/pasting the entire script to a text only script editor, then back into the SE and recompiling. (BTW if you GET to recompile, then what you are PASTING is decidedly NOT what you originally copied!!!)

I was getting errors I thought were related to using GLX2, but it turned out there was something not visible in the script text. Using the method above it completely cleared up the issue. I think the conversion from V6 (not unicode) to V8 (unicode capable) did something unintended to the scripts (and datagrids too if I am not mistaken).

I also had issues with certain data grids, and after copy/pasting to a new stack, deleting the original along with it's datagrid template, then copy/pasting the datagrid back into place, the issue disappeared. This has occured with more than one datagrid too.

Bob S