Understanding 'the defaultStack'

Graham Samuel livfoss at mac.com
Fri Oct 14 17:44:20 EDT 2016

Yes, but the way I think of it is if you do a ‘go’ to another stack, then the defaultStack changes so that you can make shorter references to objects in what is most likely then the current stack of interest. I got in a muddle  because that isn’t always true. I suppose I rubbed along for a few years before I got hit by that particular gotcha, so in a way Richard you’re right. Good documentation is probably all that’s needed, rather than trying to alter the engine’s behaviour.

My two Brexit-influenced, over-valued, eurocents.

Graham