Keep taking the tablets

Roger Eller roger.e.eller at sealedair.com
Wed Oct 12 12:53:43 EDT 2016

On Wed, Oct 12, 2016 at 11:52 AM, Richmond <richmondmathewson at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I have a Nextbook Android tablet (Jelly Bean) that was dropped on me by my
> wife
> when I bought her a MacBook Air; and, frankly, tablets make me think of
> plastic bath-toys.
>
> So, I was wondering about rejigging it with Ubuntu-phone . . .
>
> 1. Does anyone know if the Raspberry Pi version of Livecode will work on
> Ubuntu-phone?
>
> 2. As Ubuntu-phone is a Linux variant designed to run on an ARM processor,
> as Android is,
> also a Linux variant for an ARM processor, does anyone know if standalones
> built for:
>
> 2.1. Android, will run on Ubuntu-phone?
>
> 2.2. Linux . . .? [presumably the answer to this is 'No' as, currently,
> Livecode offers Linux standalones for
> Intel processors only.
>
> Richmond.

I would guess no.  But that doesn't mean you can't have some LiveCode fun
with it.  Create an Android standalone that has a large text field and an
"Execute" button that contains - do field "fieldName".  Your field is now a
basic script editor.  If your build included all of the lc libraries, there
should be very little that you can't do.  Oh, you might also want a Load
and Save script button.

~Roger