migrating an app to iOS10

Terry Judd terry.judd at unimelb.edu.au
Tue Oct 11 21:48:39 EDT 2016

I’ve just opened an app I developed a couple of months ago on an iPhone running iOS10 for the first time and have noticed a couple of problems straight up.

1.       The interface has shifted down the height of the status bar, moving my icon bar partially off the bottom of the screen

2.       A key ask dialog no longer includes a text entry box.

I’m currently downloading 8.1.1 rc-2 to see if that helps things but wonder if there are any other things I need to do as well – like updating my OS from 10.10 to 10.11 and Xcode from 7.2 to 7.3 (I’d like to avoid both for now if possible).

I don’t need to worry about getting the app through the Apple store as I’m using an enterprise developer license.

Any advice very welcome.

Terry...