hide with visual effect

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Tue Oct 11 16:52:11 EDT 2016

> On Oct 11, 2016, at 2:26 PM, J. Landman Gay <jacque at hyperactivesw.com> wrote:
>
> Do you know if "very fast" is no longer "as fast as the machine will go"? That used to be the case.

It’s not that any more. It is all relative to the effectRate property. Here’s what the dictionary says:

"By default, the effectRate property is set to 2000 (2 seconds)."

"You can specify five speeds with the visual effect command: very fast, fast, normal, slow, or very slow. The effectRate property specifies how long a very slow visual effect takes."

So all of the speed settings seem to be relative to the effectRate. I tried setting the effectRate to 10000. And indeed at ‘very slow’ speed it took 10 seconds. At ‘very fast’ speed it takes about 2.5 seconds.

So it’s all relative.

Devin

Devin Asay
Director