Supercard 4.8 public beta

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 17:44:01 EDT 2016

On Tue, Oct 4, 2016 at 2:18 PM, Bob Sneidar <bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com>
wrote:

> Agreed. I probably paid for the original Supercard and about 4 upgrades
> over the years and never produced anything with it, but the ability to
> continue working in a hypercard-like environment and wanting it to not go
> the way of Hypercard was enough to keep me on the gravy train.

If I'd kept using it another year, I'd probably be wealthy now--I had no
clue that the DOS version was actually going to ship in another year, and
dropped my project.

*sigh*

I last used 1.5 . . . but a couple of years ago, I *was* able to import the
stacks to the trial version of the then-current version (4.5?).  I had to
drag out an old MacClassic, restore from a stack of backup disks (an
adventure in itself, finding a copy of the backup program), write to
floppy, convince a FreeBSD machine to read that, and then either burn a cd
or use a usb to get it onto a modern mac . . .

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462