Recursive Script

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Tue Oct 4 15:16:01 EDT 2016

Hi all.

Some time back someone had the need to enumerate every datagrid on a card even if the datagrids were themselves grouped with other objects. I cannot now find that thread, or any stack treating the issue in my downloads folder. It would involve recursion because the groupnames is a property of a card and not another group. If groups had the groupname properties it would be easy.

As it is I then have to enumerate all groups and do recursive calls passing the current group as the next group to enumerate. If none of that makes sense just think, "42".

My trouble is I am having a difficult time formulating the recursive function, and I cannot find recursion anywhere in the Livecode Lessons. I need an example of a recursive function.

Bob S