Widget request (native text scroller for iOS)

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Nov 30 16:00:15 EST 2016

J. Landman Gay wrote:

 > Scrollers are picky, you have to make sure that:
 >
 > 1. The full length of the field is displayed. It can't be a scrolling
 > field, it has to be a very tall field at its full height so all
 > content is visible. It's okay if it runs off the window.
 > 2. The field must have lockloc set to true.
 > 3. The field must be in a group, and generally it's the only thing in
 > the group. The group should be sized to the rectangle you want the
 > user  to see. It's lockloc must be set to true.

On Android, fields work great.  Which makes sense, given that the
scroller is just an overlay to handle the interaction, so anything that
can be scrolled via script should work in response to the scroller messages.

I haven't tested field scrolling on iOS, but the whole business about
needing to make a field as tall as the textual content and then wrapping
that in a group is, to be candid, insane, so I'm hoping iOS scrolling
can be made as graceful as Android scrolling is now.

It's more than a little un-xTalk like to need to hand-script the
instantiation of mobile scrollers for scrolling objects at all.

But as long as it works for scrolling groups, it should also work for
fields. Anything that can be scrolled via script should be scrollable
via script.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems