revXMLEvaluateXPath performances

zryip theSlug zryip.theslug at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 13:22:20 EST 2016

Hi All,

I was in the process to optimize my revXML code trying to figure out
why for simple operations, it took so much time.
In this task I have replaced 2 successives calls to the
revXMLMatchingNode function for locating an attribute inside a
subnode, by a revXMLEvaluateXPath query.

The time for creating my XML tree was 26 seconds prior the
modification of the code.
And after have used revXMLEvaluateXPath, creating exactly the same
tree is taking more than 2 minutes.

Is it just me or Others have experienced the same feeling XPath
commands are very handy but have bad performances?

Will now try to replace all the calls to revXMLEvaluateXPath and
revXMLDataFromXPathQuery I have, but in some case this will be epic...

Best Regards,
--
Zryip TheSlug
http://www.aslugontheroad.com