Mac Pro Touch Bar

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Nov 28 10:38:01 EST 2016

Bill Vlahos wrote:

 > How can I program the new MacBook Pro Touch Bar?
 >
 > I’ll be getting my new MacBook Pro in a couple of days and I haven’t
 > seen any discussion on the new touch bar.
 >
 > Does it show up as a display?

While it is functionally both a display and an input device, it's unique
role would seem to make it difficult to address directly using existing
APIs for either.

Apple provides new APIs for the Touch Bar, with HIGs and tech notes here:
<https://developer.apple.com/macos/touch-bar/>

Perhaps an LCB wrapper for those would make a good community project?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems