Serving Videos with LC/iRev

stephen barncard stephenREVOLUTION2 at barncard.com
Sat Nov 26 22:57:26 EST 2016

On Sat, Nov 26, 2016 at 4:48 PM, Rick Harrison <harrison at all-auctions.com>
wrote:

> I have a video I want to serve from
> an LC/iRev Server.  I want to do it
> from within an iRev script on the
> LC Server so that the URL of the
> video is hidden in the code from the
> user if possible.

Look into the JW player <https://www.jwplayer.com>... it calls javascript
but you can imbed it into a LC server page. I've made an online player that
looks at the contents of a folder, gets the file-list, and creates the
display page.

 I eventually want to integrate it into a RevBurner system so right now
it's for personal stuff and proof of performance. But it also can be made
to work with a fixed playlist:

*file: "joni_on_first_album_Croz.m4v",image: "joni-cbc.png",*
*title: "01  joni on first album Croz.m4v"*

The JW player can be branded if you pay a little.

Here's my player in situ, business code in Livecode inserting javascript
into the presentation layer:

http://media.barncard.com/video/joni_on_first_album/audio.irev

Stephen Barncard - Sebastopol Ca. USA -
mixstream.org