JavaScript + LC HTML5 = LiveCode.js

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Thu Nov 24 14:40:25 EST 2016

Indeed.

Once we have JS which 'does a similar thing' to answer file (or any other OS related piece of syntax) - hooking it up to that command is relatively straightforward.

The hard part is writing the JavaScript implementations of the various OS services we are so used to using directly in LC.

It is important to remember that browsers give no direct access to OS APIs, they are sandboxed and attempt to mitigate security issues as much as they can.

The only system type functionality you get is that exposed by supported JS APIs a given browser has.

Mark.

Sent from my iPhone