Shell Command and cURL

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Tue Nov 22 21:51:05 EST 2016

It doesn't make sense to create a list of 140000-something files and try
to paste it somewhere. Instead, write a shell script that gets the file
list and download all files in the list.

Your script might look like this:

#!/bin/bash
$ curl -s ftp://user:pass@IP/path/to/folder/ | \
     grep -e '^-' | awk '{ print $9 }' | \
         while read f; do \
             curl -O ftp://user:pass@IP/path/to/folder/$f; \
         done

Save the script in a text file and do a chmod 755 on it to make an
executable file. Now let LiveCode launch the executable file. I think
the files will be downloaded to the defaultFolder or perhaps to the
location of the executable file .

If this is too much trouble, you might also save your current shell
command to a file and have LiveCode launch it.

Kind regards,

Mark Schonewille
http://economy-x-talk.com
https://www.facebook.com/marksch