Swipe gestures on a mobile scroller

Paul Hibbert paul at livecode.org
Sun Nov 20 13:36:14 EST 2016

> On Nov 19, 2016, at 8:06 PM, J. Landman Gay <jacque at hyperactivesw.com> wrote:
>
> I'm not sure how it could work, since the horizontal scroll of my field is always zero. It doesn't scroll horizontally at all.

The actual hScroll of the field isn’t set, only the vScroll is set in this example, but it can detect that you are attempting to scroll horizontally and so you can use that info to initiate a swipe.

It is only a workaround implemented by intercepting the scrollerDidScroll message, you don’t need to ‘set' the scroll sent by the message, but you can detect it and use it to swipe.

Paul