savingStandalone message

Paul Dupuis paul at researchware.com
Tue Nov 15 17:48:08 EST 2016

On 11/15/2016 3:41 PM, Ali Lloyd wrote:
> I was thinking a parameter array would be better than many additional
> params. That way, additional info is cheap.
>
> So currently the proposed params are:
> - current build platform
> - current build target/architecture (to disambiguate between 32 bit/64
> bit/both)
> - total number of standalones to build
> - which standalone of the total is being built
> - build folder

This would be a great enhancement to have this additional data. Once of
the beautiful things about LiveCode is that many of the messages have
optional parameters (new size with resizeStack, mouseButtonNumber with
mouseDown/mouseUp/etc. and so on. If you don't need them, you just
ignore them, but they are always there when you do need them. It is an
underrated 'feature' of the language that makes it so easy to use.