[OT] Quartum PDF Library - How to change text color of a cell in a table?

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 12 10:09:24 EST 2016

Hi Roger,

Sorry for the late reply - I was at the Devoxx conference this past week and am only now wading through my email backlog.

As you found out, the qrtPDF_WriteTextTable command doesn't currently offer a way to influence the formatting for an individual cell.
It was designed for single formatting, and adding a callback function to let you influence the formatting per cell means it will need some refactoring.
After all, if you were to change not only the colour but also the font style or size, the calculation of the row heights becomes a lot more complex.
That is not to say that the idea is too hard to pursue, but it will take time to get it 'right' under all circumstances.

In the meantime, you can build the table with separate qrtPDF_WriteTextBox commands, as demonstrated in Example 4 of the script demos stack.
If you need a hand with that, feel free to post on the Quartam forums at <http://forums.quartam.com> or email me directly.

Best regards,

Jan Schenkel.

=====
Quartam Reports & PDF Library for LiveCode
www.quartam.com

=====