Pattern Matching in Livecode

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 07:46:08 EST 2016

Hi all,

Recently I made a very long script for searching 3 words among a list
of 1080 lines of words.

Download the zipped stack MatchingPatternsv02
from this forum thread:

I suspect that LiveCode provides better tools for this task, but I
don't know which are and how to use them. Maybe a simpler solution is
to employ a regex, arrays operation or a really clever handler.

How many different methods (functions and commands) provides Livecode
to make this task of comparing and finding 3 words (taken from a list
of 12 words) among 1080 lines of 4 words?

Thanks in advance!

Al