[ANN] Release 8.1.2 RC-1

Peter TB Brett peter.brett at livecode.com
Wed Nov 9 06:43:45 EST 2016

Dear list members,

We are pleased to announce the release of LiveCode 8.1.2 RC 1.

Getting the Release
===================
You can get the release at https://downloads.livecode.com/livecode/ or
via the automatic updater.

Release Contents
================
Fewer crashes
-------------
LiveCode was sometimes accessing objects after they had been deleted,
getting seriously upset as a result.  We rewrote a large chunk of the
LiveCode engine to stop it from doing that.  We've created mechanisms
that will help us detect and fix issues like this more easily.

IDE improvements
----------------
We resolved several minor but irritating bugs in the IDE and standalone
builder.  The tools palette and selection handles work more nicely, the
debugger can watch global variables, we tweaked the property inspector
user interface (including restoring "Resize" and "Fit Content" options
to the "Size" pane) and fixed the way the standalone builder places
resource files.

Xcode 8.1 and iOS 10.1 support
------------------------------
We added support for deploying iOS 10.1 standalones using Xcode 8.1.
When you redeploy your app with LiveCode 8.1.2, you'll also get fixes to
the native scroller mobile control, in-app purchasing, and the mobile
browser widget.

sqlite FTS 5
------------
revdb's sqlite driver now supports the FTS5 full-text search engine.

LiveCode 8.1.2 RC 1 contains 62 bug fixes and stability
improvements.

The full release notes are available from:
http://downloads.livecode.com/livecode/8_1_2/LiveCodeNotes-8_1_2_rc_1.pdf

Feedback
========
Please report any bugs encountered on our BugZilla at
http://quality.livecode.com/

Have fun!
The LiveCode Team