Updating Text-Script Only Stacks in Run-Time, Message Path Memory

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Nov 7 13:56:41 EST 2016

mwieder wrote:
 > I thought script-only stacks had to be separate files. I didn't
 > realize they could be attached as substacks and bound into standalone
 > apps. That does make a difference.

Hmmm...I'm not sure that they can.  For a script-only stack to be truly
script-only, it would need to be saved only as the stack script in a
text file.

If later the mainstack of a script-only stack is changed to be a binary
stack, I would imagine that the script-only stack would no longer be
script-only, attached to the new mainstack as a binary stack since it's
now part of the binary structure of the mainstack.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems