Updating Text-Script Only Stacks in Run-Time, Message Path Memory

stephen barncard stephenREVOLUTION2 at barncard.com
Sun Nov 6 19:23:18 EST 2016

On Sun, Nov 6, 2016 at 1:00 PM, Monte Goulding <monte at appisle.net> wrote:

> You only need to do that if you don’t edit in the IDE. I don’t believe
> there’s ever been official support for editing stack scripts outside the
> IDE.

We already edit livecode script-only-stacks on server.

The only caveat. I would imagine is to make sure the editor you use has the
correct text attributes and line termination values.  When I use Coda  or
Textmate in conjunction with Transmit, double clicking a file in the FTP
listing will launch the chosen editor, open the text in a page, and when
one saves, it saves back to the file, wherever it is, and the FTP program
keeps it all straight.  I've edited stacks on a remote server and launched
my local Livecode app this way too.

Anyway, that was long winded.  Make sure your editor puts out the right
sentence termination characters.

Stephen Barncard - Sebastopol Ca. USA -
mixstream.org