Stack name conflicts resolved?

Mark Wieder ahsoftware at sonic.net
Sat Nov 5 22:31:36 EDT 2016

On 11/05/2016 03:02 PM, Monte Goulding wrote:

>> On 6 Nov. 2016, at 5:28 am, Richard Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com> wrote:
>>
>> That is, once we modify the IDE to allow it.
>
> ^ this is the issue. For the most part it isn’t the engine that has the issue with multiple stacks with the same name open it’s the IDE. There would be bucket loads of work involved in getting the IDE to play nicely with multiple stacks with the same name open.

That is indeed the issue.
The IDE for some reason allows multiple controls with the same name but
keeps track of their individual identities, but insists that stack names
be unique in memory.

When new stacks are created in memory they are assigned the id 1002.
Why?
If there's a stack already in memory why not create the new stack with
the next sequential id?
Then the combination of id and filename should uniquely identify a stack.

--
  Mark Wieder
  ahsoftware at gmail.com