loss of access to stacks after "save as"

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Fri Nov 4 15:24:34 EDT 2016

I suspect it will be because you are referencing your stacks by (the old) filename somewhere else and not name - thus causing the engine to load in the old file, the stack in which has the same name as the existing stack in memory.

'Saving as' does not create a new stack (in memory) it just saves the stack which is in memory to disk in a new file.

Putting it another way, the 'new' stack is already loaded as it is the same stack as it was before - the only things which have changed is the stacks filename property and there being a new file on disk.

Mark.

Sent from my iPhone