Scripting style: Verbs in function names

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Fri Nov 4 15:13:25 EDT 2016

Hmmm... interesting. Well for instance I have some contact functions and commands like addContact, updateContact, deleteContact, saveContact etc. and I use this regularly so getSomething() for my vote. The assumtion otherwise is that the value returned is the something you are trying to get. What if all you want is to know if the call succeeded or failed, and if failed, why? If the latter, then something() is itself misleading.

Bob S