Goofy question about Datagrids

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Wed Nov 2 11:31:10 EDT 2016

It's my impression that Datagrids make terrible spreadsheets as is. But so does the table field. A LOT of work has to be done on both to get them to act like a spreadsheet. As it turns out, a spreadsheet is a quite complicated thing to implement. If you intend to do calculations, then there is a whole layer of vast complexity unto itself. Relative vs. absolute references? Mixed references? What happens when you insert a cell, row or column? Can you paste data in? How will it format?

I can't believe you are shooting for all this complexity, but rather are only trying to create a way to display, and perhaps manipulate tabular data. In that case, I'd go with the table field.

Bob S