Hypercarding Livecode

RM richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sun May 29 15:47:28 EDT 2016

Many people should be aware by now that I am producing a set of related
alternative interfaces for Livecode 8, mainly because of some comments
made on the Yahoo 'Hypercard' group. Nobody has indicated yet whether
they are considering using one of the things I am making.

However, what has become clear doing this is that if one REALLY wants
a simplified interface

[and at this point I would like to point out that I have found little or
no problem
teaching Livecode to children (some as young as 8 years old) using the
Livecode 3.0 through 7.1.4 interface, and cannot see any wild objections
to the
8.0 interface]

one might want another way of adjusting the properties of objects that the
standard property palette. To this end I have just produced an extended
lateral
palette that allows end-users to mess around with text in field while in
BROWSE mode.

I would be grateful for feedback both in terms of these alternative
interfaces, and
in terms of whether I should "do away with" the standard property
palettes in favour
of ways to set properties on a single, horizontal menu bar.

Both the pictures and the stacks are available here:

Richmond.