Chromium Embedded Framework as audio and video player

David Bovill david at viral.academy
Sun May 29 03:15:21 EDT 2016

CEF is currently not being used on OSX in Livecode 8 - but why not use
HTML5 playback in the browser widget?

Just create your html with <audio> or <video> tags and set the htmltext of
the browser widget. You can show or hide the html5 controller, and if you
want more control from Livecode you can control playback with "do
someJavascript in widget "Browser" and a line or two of Javascript. What
would be great would be to have a tiny Javascript library that we could
query from Livecode for that purpose. It could even send of timed events to
a Livecode handler to trigger things.