Widgets and the Dictionary

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Wed May 25 12:40:10 EDT 2016

> On May 25, 2016, at 8:13 AM, [-hh] <hh at hh.on-rev.com> wrote:
>
> I wonder who will manage (and how) the description of
> 1000 widgets/externals in the dictionary? A menu with
> 1000 entries? And all the updates?
>
> Perhaps it would be better if each widget/external
> had his own help file/demo stack?
>
> Or if the dictionary will be split into LiveCodeScript
> and LiveCodeBuilder and Guides in one part and all
> the rest in a second part?

My understanding is that inline documentation must be created with each widget or it will not compile correctly. Once the widget is imported to one’s LiveCode installation the documentation will automatically appear in the option menu in the Dictionary’s API tab.

Others may have more accurate or detailed information about this.

Devin

Devin Asay
Office of Digital Humanities
Brigham Young University