Handling Top Status Bar in App Design Stage

Ralph DiMola rdimola at evergreeninfo.net
Mon May 23 21:38:45 EDT 2016

I use the entire card when in the IDE and on mobile resize down from the status bar as appropriate. The "effective working screenrect" is the card's working area on mobile. This allows for both the status bar and the keyboard(if visible). So when the keyboard is activated I have the choice of do nothing, shrink the card in the remaining area or if the focused field will be obscured then slide the card up to make is visible.

On Android the "hardware buttons" are just that, physical buttons. Usually Menu(menukey message), home and back(backkey message). On some devices these buttons are soft "hardware buttons" on the bottom of the LCD screen. On these devices you don't have access to those pixels. On other devices the soft "hardware buttons" are part of the status bar and the "mobileHideStatusBar" command will do nothing as you would not be able to exit the app or go to the home screen.

Ralph DiMola
IT Director
Evergreen Information Services
rdimola at evergreeninfo.net