Menu Checkmarks - how to do it??

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Thu May 19 18:52:50 EDT 2016

Hi all.

API says that setting the checkmark of a menu item will have no effect. Is there a way to do it then?? Shouldn't there be??

I can put numtocodepoint(baseConvert("2713",16,10)) & space before the item, but it moves the text of the menu item to the right, instead of justifying it the way the menu should do. I want to represent the toggling of the item.

When I set the markChar of the menuItem it also has no effect. When I do this in the Menu Builder, it puts an exclamation point and a c before the menu item, but it doesn't display like a checkmark, it only puts the exclamation mark and c before the actual test of the menu item.

OS X 10.10.5/LC 8.0.0

Bob S