HTML5 LC Download Icon?

Peter TB Brett peter.brett at livecode.com
Fri May 13 11:58:36 EDT 2016

On 07/05/2016 02:09, Rick Harrison wrote:
> I’ve been playing around with HTML5
> in the Community Version of LC 8.
>
> Although I think the small green LC App Download
> button is an interesting idea, I might want my users
> to only use the app online. I might not want them
> downloading it into their computer.

They are already downloading it onto their computer in order to run it.
You are distributing your app (and LiveCode!) to them, which means that
under the terms of the GPLv3 you must provide them with the complete
corresponding source code in the preferred form for modification.

The convenient button helps you comply with the license.

> How do I disable that LC button which is
> part of the frame on the right side, or
> make it disappear altogether?

Use LiveCode Indy or Commercial, or compile a version of the Open Source
LiveCode HTML5 engine that doesn't include that piece of code.

> It also appears there is no way to
> store information in a permanent
> way in flat files or to a database,
> unless I’m missing something here.

At the moment there's no persistence implemented, sorry. :-(

                                    Peter

--
Dr Peter Brett <peter.brett at livecode.com>
LiveCode Open Source Team