Widgets v2

Mark Smith Mark_Smith at cpe.umanitoba.ca
Thu May 12 21:42:11 EDT 2016

This new initiative from LiveCode is, I believe, a perfect follow on to 8.
Exactly what we need to allow the community to grow and develop the ability
to exploit the incredible power and potential of widgets. The training alone
is worth several hundred dollars... so I hope everyone will consider
supporting this initiative. As Kevin said, if we all chip in just $75 we can
get this done - what a bargain!!

And just think of what it will empower - the ability for the community to
start growing and expanding LC without the core teams involvement. While we
all appreciate their exceptional talents and will continue to need them for
many of the foundational aspects of LC, this new capability means we won't
need them to develop everything. We can start building on this ourselves.
The independence this initiative creates is a multiplier that makes this
offer worth several times what they are asking for.

So I hope you will agree with me - it's time to make this happen!

Mark