inconsistencies in treatment of empty properties

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Wed May 11 13:13:21 EDT 2016

It's taken a while to figure out what was bugging me on this.

As near as I can tell, there is an inconsistency in how unset custom
properties get treated.

I don't have this nailed down yet, but I have had expressions like

"if the ckAlwNul of the target then"

cause handlers to bomb out without throwing an error.  I fixed one of these
this morning by adding an "is true".

And then, about ten lines down, identical code worked just fine, with the
if stepping to else.

It seems to me that referencing an unset property should consistently
either throw an error, or return empty as the result.
--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462