Shell Fails on One Machine

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Thu May 5 15:09:02 EDT 2016

Rebooting the machine and remounting that remote volume works.  There was some bizzare “version” of the remote machine mounted invisibly… because even after ejecting the one from the desk top in Terminal I could still see that volume mounted.

I suspect someone logged into the server once, then someone else came along and logged in a second time with a different user/permissions. Livecode was acting as the active user of that machine, but did not have permission to view the server because the volume being addressed by my shell scripts had been mounted as a different user.

Weird… reboot/remount volume

Works now.