LC8 App Interactive Lesson - issues

Graham Samuel livfoss at mac.com
Thu May 5 11:05:18 EDT 2016

I’ve kept away from LC8 up to now, fearing stability problems. Now it’s on the world stage, so to speak, I’m making the effort - on a Mac running Yosemite 10.10.5. I started by downloading 8.0.0 and running the interactive tutorial that creates the BMI app. Quite soon however I found that I wasn’t seeing a continuity of instructions: for example, I was asked to name the first widget and press ‘return’. Did that, but the next instruction didn’t appear so I had to fast forward. Now it’s a case of inspecting a field, but after doing that no more instructions appear. And also I think I have had to select an object myself without being told to - this would not work for a newbie.

Are other people seeing this kind of thing? If so, I’ll report a bug.

Graham