IDE Problems in V8-group editing oddities

William Prothero prothero at earthednet.org
Wed May 4 20:56:03 CEST 2016


Folks:
Does anybody else see this behavior in the IDE? 

I’m still having some problems with the IDE in the new version. El-Capitan.

First, in a project I’m working on, closing and removing the project from memory from the File menu doesn’t always work the first time. If the project is showing in the project browser, and I select “Close and Remove from memory” from the project browser, it doesn’t work when I select the stack in the project browser and often does not close the project when I click on the stack I want to close. I have to repeatedly ask it to close and remove from memory, then open the project browser again and the stack may still be listed. After a couple of tries, it works.

Second, the IDE and moving things in and out of groups works better, but it’s still not perfect. I have a card with several datagrids and other object in groups. In one of the groups, I move a datgrid up in the list (in the project browser) and it goes away completely… gone…deleted.

Not good.

As a test. I made a bare stack with 3 datagrids and a label in a group. Then, in the group containing the label, I try to move the label field around, it goes into one of the datagrid groups, and dragging it won’t get it out of that group. Furthermore, dragging the datagrid groups up and down in the IDE (Project Browser) doesn’t move the groups forward and back. 

Those problems, and the unexpected disappearance of groups in my app is a showstopper for me. Fortunately, I saved the version 7 one, so I can continue.

These problems make it very difficult to work with groups in the IDE.

Best,
Bill


William Prothero, Ph.D.
University of California, Santa Barbara, Emeritus
prothero at earthednet.org






More information about the use-livecode mailing list