[ANN] Release 8.0.0

Peter TB Brett peter.brett at livecode.com
Wed May 4 10:12:19 EDT 2016

Dear list members,

We are pleased to announce the release of LiveCode 8.0.0, the first
stable release of LiveCode 8.

Read more about LiveCode 8 here:
https://livecode.com/introducing-livecode-8/

Getting the Release
===================
You can get the release at https://downloads.livecode.com/livecode/ or
via the automatic updater.

Release Contents
================
LiveCode 8 has a host of exciting new features.

Simplify design with widgets
----------------------------
The LiveCode engine now supports custom controls called "widgets", and
LiveCode now includes several widgets that simplify creating mobile apps.

Extend LiveCode with LiveCode Builder
-------------------------------------
Enhance LiveCode with your own new controls and libraries without any C
or C++ knowledge by using the new LiveCode Builder programming language.

Deploy to the browser with HTML5
--------------------------------
LiveCode standalones now run in a web browser, using a LiveCode engine
that runs as JavaScript.

The full release notes are available from:
http://downloads.livecode.com/livecode/8_0_0/LiveCodeNotes-8_0_0.pdf

LiveCode 8.0.0 contains an additional 27 bug fixes since the LiveCode
8.0.0 RC 1 release.

Known issues
============
* HTML5 standalones do not currently work when they contain extensions
with dependencies

* 64-bit standalones for Mac OS X do not have support for audio
recording or the revVideoGrabber external

Feedback
========

Please report any bugs encountered on our Bugzilla at
http://quality.livecode.com/

We have a forum available for discussing LiveCode Builder at
http://forums.livecode.com/viewforum.php?f=93

Have fun!

The LiveCode Team