Endless discussion on licensing and pricing

Peter TB Brett peter.brett at livecode.com
Mon May 2 10:16:41 EDT 2016

On 02/05/2016 14:50, RM wrote:

> Well, this is, very much, Livecode's dilemma; and, just possibly, one
> of the ways to sort things out is to listen to what their customers /
> potential customers / past customers have to say; and as Livecode
> have not sent out any significant "feelers" to find out what these
> people think, and because a lot of these people have a significant
> stake in Livecode, and Livecode depends on them, might it not be a
> good idea if those people keep "shouting" until Livecode do take
> heed?

The LiveCode marketing team actually does a _lot_ of market research.
This includes regular surveys of current, previous and potential
customers, to understand how best to make LiveCode as appealing as possible.

I know that you are not a current customer -- have you by any chance
opted out of receiving marketing emails too?  If so then it would
explain why you're not aware of the market research surveys.

_Everything_ the company does, including pricing, is driven by feedback
from customers and users.

                                     Peter

--
Dr Peter Brett <peter.brett at livecode.com>